How To Check Your CS:GO Skins Float Value
Knowing the float value of cs go skins can help you a lot with trading skins as well as upgrading to higher quality skins with a trade-up contract. In spite of CS:GO being an old game many players haven’t really gone through the basics of the game. Some never looked at the trading section entirely. Well for my fellow noobs2pro readers here is how you can check the float value of your skin in cs:go.
Must Read: 50 Best CS: GO skins Under 1$
Method 1: How to Check Float Value In-Game in CS:GO
You can use CS:GO in-game options to check the float value of skins that you already own from your inventory.
Note: This method doesn’t apply to skins on the marketplace.
- Launch CS:GO.
- Go to your inventory.
- Locate the skin whose float value you want to check.
- Click on Inspect option.
- The “Wear Rating” displayed in the details is your float value.
Method 2: Check Float value of skins in Marketplace
For skins on the marketplace, you can check the float value using third party websites. This ensures that you aren’t putting your Steam account’s safety on the line by using cheats.
- Locate your desired item on the Steam marketplace.
- Check for available listings:
- Right-click on the “Inspect in Game” option.
- From the menu that appears afterward, click on “Copy link address.”
- Paste the link on the steam analyst website: steam analyst website.
- You will see the float value of the respective skin.
Method 3: Check Marketplace Float Value Using a Browser Extension
You can also use a Chrome extension as a CS:GO float value checker.
- Download the Chrome extension called Steam Inventory Helper.
- Open the item
- Click the Get Float button.
- Check the float value that is displayed.
What is Float Value in CS:GO?
The float value in CS:GO refers to the skins condition, which is tracked using numbers. You will see the float value as shown in the image below:
These values help determine the quality of the skin and are considered when you are trading or buying a skin from trading sites and markets. The better the cs:go float value, the higher price you can get for a skin. There are 5 ranges for the skin as mentioned below:
CS:GO Float Value Ranges
The quality of the skin is determined by how close the float value is to 0. The float value ranges between 0 to 1, where 0 outlines the least wear (perfect skin) and 1 (worst skin) showcase the worst wear a skin can have.
To help simplify the entire process here is an overview of the different float value levels.
- 0 – 0.07 – Factory New
- 0.07 – 0.15 – Minimal Wear
- 0.15 – 0.38 – Field-Tested
- 0.38 – 0.45 – Well-Worn
- 0.45 – 1 – Battle-Scarred
By using the above method, you can check the float value of the different CS: GO skins in your inventory and get the most value for your money.
You can get the best deals and if you are smart enough get easy trade-ups that can help you make the most of your money.